Aspire, Believe - Together Achieve
"Pupils thrive on the positive, aspirational approach"
"As confident young learners, pupils are ambitious for themselves and supportive of each other." Ofsted 2017
"Worship is invitational allowing pupils of no religious affiliation to contribute with integrity." SIAMS 2019
"Pupils are encouraged to think for themselves and to be curious." Ofsted 2017
"The school has achieved an award for extending pupils’ understanding of world religions." SIAMS 2019
"Your team are instilling a passion for learning that pupils find infectious." Ofsted 2017
Here are some links that you may find helpful. They cover a wide range of subjects relating to school, health and parenting. If you cannot find a link for a subject you are looking for – please talk to our Family Link as she should be able to steer you in the right direction.
We support children and young people after the death of a parent, sibling or other family member.
Designed for parents and young people to help access information about mental health.
- Anxiety in children – kidshealth.org/parent/positive/talk/anxiety_disorders
Social Media Parent/Carer Guides
- Instagram Online Safety Guide – March 2019
- Snapchat Parent Guide
- Twitter Parent Guide – December 2018
- WhatsApp Parent Guide
CEOP think u know – www.thinkuknow.co.uk information for children, young people and parents according to age group.
- ceop.police.uk – Child Exploitation Online Protection agency website. Safety Online – information, advice, how to report – for parents and young people.
- www.saferinternet.org.uk – UK Safer Internet Centre, where you can find e-safety tips, advice and resources to help children and young people stay safe on the internet.
- Youtube – Nude selfies: What parents and carers need to know (video information clips and advice) – www.youtube.com
Here is some useful information from NSPCC and UK safer Internet Centre regarding Pokemon Go and some advice for parents.
Children and Special Needs
The local Parent Partnership Service in South Gloucestershire. Supportive Parents are an independent organisation offering a free, confidential and impartial service to any parent who has a concern about their child’s education. Their aim is to provide you with all the information you need to understand the SEN process and improve your child’s education experience.
Information & Support Line is 0117 989 7725. It is available Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10am – 2pm during term time, and an answer phone at all other times.
If you have any concerns or worries about your child’s SEN provision call us!
Children and Young People Information Service
The information service can sign post you to various areas of support.
- Childcare Child & Family Support
- Children & Young People’s Education
- Family Welfare Grants &Tax Credits
- Helpline Parent Support
- Recruitment Training
- Work-Life Balance
Tel: 01454 868008 / Website: www.southglos.gov.uk
Let Your Light Shine - Matthew 5:16